"How is business?"
"As God wants it to be."
Anonymous asked: I agree with everything you said about porn but there is home made porn and soft porn (which is porn but there is no penetration or real sexual activities) which is fine and healthy. Besides there is jerk off and masturbation which is also fine, and most of them are home made.
no? the commodification of sex is not healthy. porn is general is not healthy, or even natural.
there is absolutely no way of telling if the “homemade” porn was given consent to being uploaded. it may not even be amateur, because a lot of pro porn studios spend money to make it look “homemade”. above all, you’re still giving ad revenue to the porn industry when you’re looking at any category of video on a porn site.
ethical consumption is a myth. the porn sites don’t care why or how you’re watching their products, they’re just happy to be making money. so stop making excuses for yourself. porn isn’t okay.
Seriously, capitalism will work hard to sell you myths that you’ll believe. They tell you there product is green because the plastic bottle is thinner, but that’s just because it’s less material they have to use and more money in their pocket— plus people love to feel green even when they’re buying fucking water bottles, so corporations bank on the new social attitudes. But bottled water remains overpriced and a violent assault to the landscapes and communities corporations steal water from.
This is how porn works, too. They’ll convince you of something “good,” like maybe this porn was produced by women (supposedly) and everyone participating is consenting and happy. How the hell can you confirm this *ever*? (Especially when literally *most* porn workers confirm that rape and assault are just part of life for them.) And if I consent to an act today but change my mind next week, I have no power to remove that content from any porn outlet or media source. I have lost power of consent, choice, and control of my sexuality (or the commodification of my sexuality). This is a huge concern for me and there is zero way to rectify this problem of consent in porn. And there go porn sites making bank off of new cultural attitudes (porn for ladies! feminist porn! blah blah blah) the same as they always have on everything else.
Seriously, don’t fool yourself into thinking any capitalist industry is any good. Capitalism bastardizes everything and sells it to you in any package they can get you to buy.
Feminist Gender Analysis
1. Female humans are expected and raised from birth to be submissive (“feminine”). Male humans are expected and raised from birth to be dominant (“masculine”). Feminists call this gender, and feminist gender analysis deconstructs the notion that there is anything “natural” about it. Gender in this context is seen instead as a social tool to naturalize women’s dependence on men, and thereby ensure male access to female bodies.
2. We are expected to signal our maleness or femaleness in various visual ways specific to our time and place, but gender is not about fabric color or hair length. Those are merely signals for others to know where we fall in the social hierarchy of male over female.
3. Femaleness does not naturally equate to the human personality traits labeled feminine, nor does maleness naturally equate to the human personality traits labeled masculine. Human personality development should not be limited based on sex, nor, as in the case of male violence, excused because of it.
4. In a post-gender world, all the stuff of human life would still be there, but access to it would no longer be limited by perceived reproductive potential. Boys and girls could all play with and wear whatever they like. Men and women could all explore their human personalities to the fullest. Men would not be pressured into violence nor excused for it. Men and women could share responsibility for the care of children. Feminism is by, for and about women, but would benefit anyone who longs for a more just world.
5. Intersectionality does not threaten feminist gender analysis but expands upon it. Sex is one axis of oppression/privilege. Women are always oppressed based on sex but may have privilege based on race, class, or any other axis. Men are always privileged based on sex but may be oppressed based on race, class or any other axis.
6. Women’s sex-based oppression matters, independent of any other oppression that can be shared by men.
7. Feminist gender analysis is central to women’s liberation and the act of deliberately suppressing, mischaracterizing or erasing it is a misogynist act.